Effective: June 13, 2019
Primped Beauty Technologies Inc. (hereinafter, referred to as “Primped”, “us”, “we”, “our”) collects from the individual user (hereinafter, referred to as “you” or “your”) certain personal information through the website primped.ca (hereinafter, collectively referred to as the “Website”) and Primped’s mobile applications for the Customer and the Primped Providers as well as Primped’s web applications for the Customer and the Primped Providers (hereinafter, collectively referred to as the “App”), as each may be updated, relocated or otherwise modified, including through downloadable software, tablet applications and all intellectual property contained therein (the Website and App hereinafter being collectively referred to as the “Site”).
When you visit the Website and/or App, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages, services, or Primped Providers that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
- Types of personal information collected
- When accessing our Site and / or logging into the Site to make an order through the Site, Primped may collect the following personal information from you: (1) email address; (2) names; (3) physical address; (4) postal code; (5) phone numbers; (6) payment information; and (7) other information that you decide to share with us. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
- The Use of Collected Personal Information
- The personal information collected through the Website is used by PRIMPED only:
- To book appointments;
- provide you with the services requested by you;
- to contact you if there is a problem with your appointments;
- to personalize the Website for you;
- send you statements, invoices and payment reminders;
- collect payments from you;
- send you information about our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by you;
- inform you about updates of the Site;
- send you administrative messages regarding your use of the Site;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our services;
- allow you to view your appointment history;
- allow you to view any current promotions;
- determine which features of our services require improvement;
- for troubleshooting purposes;
- for marketing purposes;
- diagnose problems with our computer server;
- administer the Site;
- We collect and process your personal information only for the achievement of one or more of the aforementioned purposes.
- If you do not provide Primped with the requested personal information, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site.
- Please note that we will send you service-related announcements only when it is necessary to do so. For example, we may send you a service-related announcement if our services are temporarily suspended. You cannot opt-out of service-related announcements. If you would like not to receive service-related announcements, you need to deactivate your account.
- If necessary, we will communicate with you by email or telephone (depending on your preferences).
- The personal information collected through the Website is used by PRIMPED only:
- Marketing or Advertising Information
- If you no longer wish to receive our marketing information from Primped, you may opt out of receiving such information by contacting us.
- Non-Personal Information
- Please note that we may collect non-personal information, e.g., URL addresses of websites clicked to and from the Site, operating systems, IP addresses (a number which is assigned to your computer at the moment when you connect to the Internet), browser types, domain name, a date stamp for your visit, and/or a time stamp for your visit. We use the collected non-personal information to further develop the Site.
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Please be advised that while we strive to protect your Personal Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction or inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Information
- Sharing Your Personal Information
To operate the Services, we may share your Personal Information with our agents, representatives and contractors so they can provide us with support services and other features. For example, if you are a recipient of in-home beauty Services ordered through the Site, we may share your personal information with Contracted Service Providers selected by you. Such Contracted Service Providers will process your personal data only for the purpose of providing you with the requested Services.
We also use Third Party websites or links, such as Stripe, Mailgun and Twilio, for business purposes. As such, we share your Personal Information with these parties.
- With the exception of the cases mentioned in Section 6.1, the personal information collected by Primped from you will not be shared with third parties, unless Primped is required by law to do so.
- Changes to Personal Information
- You have the right to access, delete, or modify your personal information collected by Primped. You can do so on the Site or by contacting us at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within two weeks.
- Retention Period
- When you place an order through the Site for a requested service, we will maintain your Order Information and Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. To delete this information, you can email email@example.com. We will respond to your request within two weeks.
- There are two types of cookies, namely, persistent cookies and session cookies. Persistent cookies remain valid until their expiration date, unless deleted by the user before that date. Session cookies will be stored on a web browser and will remain valid until the moment when the browser is closed.
- Primped uses both session and persistent cookies. Primped uses session cookies in order to verify your details until you are navigating from page to page on the Site. The session cookies enable you to avoid re-entering your details each time you enter a new page on the Site. Primped uses persistent cookies in order to recognize you as a unique user when you return to the Site. As a result, you do not have to enter your login details multiple times as you move from other websites to the Site.
- Place of Data Processing
- We may process your personal information in Canada and other countries, including the United States, where the data protection laws may be less strict than the data protection laws applicable in your own country.
- Third Party Analytics
- We use third party analytics, such as Google Analytics, to generate statistics related to your use of the Site. These tools collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including the web pages you visit, your browser add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving our Website. We may collect and use this analytics information together with your Personal Information and stitch together session data from user visits to build a broader profile of our individual users so that we can serve you better. The third party analytics may collect information about various information, including your IP address. For more information or to opt-out using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” and “Google Analytics and Privacy”.
- Your Consent
- Complaints About Breaches of Privacy
- If an investigation is commenced, Primped will inform you about the estimated completion date for the investigation process. When the investigation ends, we will provide you with our conclusions about the complaint and invite you to respond to them. After receiving your response, we will inform you if Primped has changed its view.
- If you are unsatisfied with our privacy complaint management procedure, we will advise you about further options with regard to the complaint.
- Please note that the Site may contain links to third party websites. We hereby disclaim any liability in relation to the privacy practices of other websites.
- Contact Details